Friday, October 22, 2010

Jane Goodall in News Times.com


You did everything wrong.

That was the message Jane Goodall got from her professors at Cambridge University where she enrolled for her Ph.D. after she began her ground-breaking study of chimpanzees in Tanzania's Gombe National Park.

"I was told I did it all wrong," Goodall, 76, said. "I shouldn't have given the chimpanzees names, I should have given them numbers. I shouldn't talk about them having personalities," or feelings, or thoughts; these, her teachers said, were only experienced by man......

Click on the following link below for the rest of the story..

http://www.newstimes.com/default/article/Goodall-s-studies-confirmed-much-of-what-she-knew-712084.php


Our very own Derek Donelle was mentioned in the following article !!!

Derek Donelle, 38, had traveled all the way from Montreal, Canada, to hear Goodall speak. He had first heard her speak four years ago and said it was life changing.

"She inspired me to change careers," Donelle said. He stopped working with computers and today works at a chimpanzee sanctuary in Canada called the Fauna Foundation.

No comments: